Spring is here and that means Summer is just around the corner…. which also means Tri Season is upon us. We thought we’d share some useful tips that will help you successfully complete a triathlon this summer.
1. If you are new to Triathlon, start with the Sprint distance event before progressing to the Olympic distance, and the Olympic Distance before thinking about an Ironman!
2. Training – make sure you train effectively across all disciplines – really work on your weakness and turn it into your strength!
3. Practice transition – the race clock keeps ticking so it is important to practice the changeover from swim to bike and bike to run legs.
4. Nutrition – this is really important. Practice training with all nutrition you will use in the race. A good guide is one gel every 30-45mins. Make sure you are well hydrated in the lead up to the race.
5. Recovery – allow adequate recovery time post-race. Get a massage the day after, have a day off training. This will allow your body to recover and it will also mean you will bounce back ready for the next week of training, and of course the next race!
6. For Sub4’s complete tri range – visit https://www.sub4.com.au/category/mens-triathlon/ and https://www.sub4.com.au/category/womens-triathlon/ – singlets, shorts, tri suits and many more accessories.
Good luck & the team at Sub4 look forward to seeing you out there for the 2016/2017 tri & multisport season!