Sub4 is once again excited to be taking part in Share The Road Tour, a 6 day/850km journey from Canberra to Melbourne in support of the Amy Gillett Foundation.
The Foundation was established in 2005, after the tragic death of Amy Gillett. Amy was training in Germany and was hit and killed by a motorist.
As Australia’s leading cycling safety organisation, the Amy Gillett Foundation continues to promote actions to make cycling safer in Australia, including:
• ‘a metre matters’ laws across Australia, to make sure drivers overtake cyclists safely
• safer vehicles and safer speeds
• promote investment in cycling infrastructure
• educating cyclists to respect and obey road laws
• teaching motorists how to share the road safely with cyclists, including during driver education.
We are thrilled to support the Amy Gillett Foundation as an official Apparel supplier. Our journey has overnight stops in Jindabyne, Corryong, Beechworth, Mansfield and Healesville and we are taking the A Metre Matters message to the Victorian Government to encourage them to join QLD, SA, ACT, and Tas all of whom have amended their legislation around motorists passing cyclists safely.
If you would like to support the Amy Gillett Foundation, simply visit https://strt2016.gofundraise.com.au/page/Sub4Apparel
See you on the road!